Wednesday, November 9, 2011

DECISIONS, DECISIONS...

Our company's Christmas party is a month away and I need to decide my "look" for that night. It's that important because yun ang OSCARS ng company namin so everyone dresses up to the nines! But sadly not everyone looks great...

Anyway, I was kinda excited to learn that the initial theme/ attire would be LINGERIE! Of course marami ang nag-disagree or simply because the management fears that the event will be raided by the police, so the idea was canned. I was ready for it. Sayang. It's a risk worth taking.

The best party our company could have ever seen. Plan CANCELLED.


I learned a few days ago that the theme was changed to Old Hollywood / Mafia attire. Yawn. So I had to narrow down a few looks that I am considering.

Look # 1: Ala MAD MEN. The '60s.


Meron nito sa Banana Republic LOL. Ala Donald Francis Draper/ Don Draper. Aminin, papable si Jon Hamm.

Pro: Mad Men fashion is neat, elegant, chic and easy to do.
Cons: Too safe. Tapos baka sabihin nagbe-benta ako ng insurance/encyclopedia. Plus I don't like the shoes.

Look # 2: James Dean in Rebel Without A Cause


I am SERIOUSLY thinking about going as James Dean in Rebel Without A Cause. His look here is iconic, and with that cigarette.. And a plain white shirt worn properly is sexxxy.

Pro: Super easy look.
Con: Wala akong hair like James Dean's.

Look # 3: Sean Connery's James Bond


Sean Connery is still the ultimate James Bond (I can hear complaints). The look is gasgas na and I'm sure a lot of guys are also considering this. As am I.

Pros: James Bond's look is classic. And I can buy his tux (or a similar one) at Topman, or have one custom made. :)
Con: A lot of people will have the James Bond look that night.

Look # 4: Al Pacino in Scarface


Gangster kung gangster si Al Pacino here. And with that huge gun, no one will cross me if I go to the party looking like him. He also exudes a 'Grand Theft Auto' vibe here so that's cool.

Pro: Sisigaw na lang ako ng "Say hello to my little friend" and complete na. Easy to do look too.
Con: Not everyone can pull off the flowered/printed shirt under a coat jacket look. You risk being called a D.O.M. or a pimp. And firearms not allowed daw at the venue.

Thoughts?

Follow TheLawAureus on Twitter

1 comment:

  1. If only you had hair, James Dean would've been perfect coz it's so easy to do... well, at least you made it sound so easy. lolz!

    I wonder which look you chose...?

    ReplyDelete