Monday, November 14, 2011

CHEAP THRILLS

As last Sunday was, technically, my only rest day for the week, I had to take the chance to go with Kiko to the so-called fashion capital of the Philippines: Divisoria.

I'd half-agree. There are a lot of fashions there, good, bad and the ugly (poorly printed Angry Bird shirts, anyone?), pero OA naman kung yun ang fashion capital. Anyway, I wanted to go there too since I needed to look for wholesale plain shirts because of a planned give-away to my loyal customers at my shop Gamer's Cube.

I saw a lot really. And at a wholesale price of P295/six pieces, why not? Quality seems okay. Babalikan kita...


We then walked a little bit further and went to 168 Mall (I had one condition: dapat sa aircon mamili). Was quite surprised to see that it was a bigger mall than the last time I saw it. And it's quite cold inside so it was good. So we went on and I asked Kiko on what he'll buy (he said "Kahit anong maganda"). So we readied ourselves sa tawaran portion.

Moon Princess Power... MAKE UP! Pero scary naman bumili ng make-up dito, really..


They also sell watches. Fake, of course.


Meron ding flowers! Pang-regalo sa ka-date or pang-dagdag sa National Costume mo...


And of course, the clothes. Seriously, there are a LOT pero there are really good finds here (me and my friends call them 'treasures') so just be patient in looking for the good clothes. 

I'm not ashamed to say I got a good shirt with this price. Take note, hindi s'ya mukhang P 150. Winner. 


Basketball jerseys enough to dress a league.


And footwear that costs a tenth of what the originals cost.


I kinda like this.. (P500 lang!)


It also helped na there were not too many people so shopping was a bit easy. Kiko managed to buy a lot of things and he thought since mukha na akong bouncer/bodyguard ngayon, I carried all the things he bought!

Some people will never go to Divisoria (read: maarte and rich people. Boy, they're missing a lot. The thought of going there scares me a tiny bit. But there's really something about Divisoria that makes me still want to go there: it's the thrill you get when you see something/ things you like, haggle until you die, walk out amongst the busy, noisy and sometimes dirty and dangerous crowd and go home with your hard-earned "pinamili".

After an uneventful night involving red-ringed XBOX 360s and a few technical difficulties at my shop (long story, but everything's okay na), Monday afternoon came and we decided to meet for an early dinner at Robinson's Place Manila.

Pasko na nga talaga... The Christmas decoration made me smile.



Kiko dropped by CD-R King (one of my sources of WTF things), and sure enough, napa-WTF na naman ako: CD-R King sells RICE COOKERS! Award!



After giggling like schoolgirls at the sight of CD-R King Rice Cookers, we left na and ate at Shakeys. Their Deal Number 1 (a large Manager's Choice thin crust, chicken, mojos and a pitcher of iced tea) cost us Php 600 and it's good for 3 people. Who are they kidding? Kaya namin ubusing dalawa yan. 


Burp! This is what I like about Manila. Look everywhere and there's something good to see, eat and buy. And one does not need to spend that much.

Be safe everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment