Saturday, January 14, 2012

MOSHI KOSHI NOODLE BOSS

Thanks to my scary appetite nowadays, nothing excites me more than discovering new places to eat (naks, ume-English. Nosebleed). Last January 1, me and my friend Anton were going to Megamall when we spotted a new restaurant along Shaw Boulevard in Mandaluyong, in front of the Goldilocks factory/warehouse. It was called Moshi Koshi Noodle Boss, a Japanese ramen house. We made a mental note to go back and we did.

What's interesting is that they make their noodles in-store everyday, so yung noodles are guaranteed fresh. And dahil Japanese is my favorite cuisine, go ako!

We arrived for dinner last night. Medyo may waiting pa before we were able to get a table, a good sign for a resto.

WARNING: The photos do not do the food justice. Whilst the photos may look bad, the food was gooooooood. I used a tablet to take the photos, sorry naman. Di ako food blogger! Hahaha!



JP ordered gyoza and drinks for us. Thank you! A four-piece gyoza costs P80. It was goooooooood.. The wrapper was thin and perfectly lightly toasted and the pork veggie filling tasted great, with some juice coming out after biting the dumpling. One of the best gyozas I had tasted.


Self service nga pala ang pag-order dito. You go to the counter to order.


The menu. Pak na pak sa mga budget conscious, like us. Mind you, this is not a complete Japanese resto in a sense na may sushi, sahimi, etc. Specialty nila is ramen/noodles kasi. Pero they have rice dishes din.


By the way, I read it on their leaflet na what "koshi" meant was it is that state or window of time wherein the noodles are at their best, approximately 6 minutes after serving it to you na you have to eat it. Slurping is highly recommended.

Nathan said it best when he blurted: "Imposible naman kainin ng six minutes 'to. Napakainit!"

JP ordered Oyakodon (Chicken) Donburi. P150 lang. Naubos n'ya and was gutom pa, so that's good. 


My order was the Tonkatsu Teishoku. Dunno what Teishoku means pero my set had juicy and crispy Pork Tonkatsu, Japanese rice, the tastiest miso soup, potato salad, shredded cabbage with wasabi and tonkatsu sauce and sesame seeds. A steal at P185. Sorooooooop!

Nathan and JP ate my potato salad and cabbage. I don't eat veggies.


Nathan ordered the Tempura soba. P160. Masarap daw yung noodles and broth in fair. He didn't finish it kasi ang bigat daw sa tiyan.


The late Anton (na-late kasi dumating) got the Katsudon Donburi. P170. Winner daw.



I had to hold my breath to hide my tummy! Burp!


I saw the Noodle Boss in the kitchen. Didn't take a photo kasi I'm shy. Haha.

If you're in the Shaw Boulevard, Mandaluyong area, be sure to visit Moshi Koshi. Good food. We're sure we're coming back. Lapit lang pati from the place where we play DOTA.

Please have a branch in the Makati CBD.

Food - 4.5/5
Ambiance - 3.5/5 (the ventilation/AC system above us was dripping water at my friend's head. No biggie though.)
Value for money - 5/5
Service - 4/5


Moshi Koshi Noodle Boss
http://www.moshi-koshi.com/



No comments:

Post a Comment